Warranties & Repairs
Warranty & Repairs Policy
Since the start of our adventure, Mountain Designs has been committed to manufacturing and providing products of unequalled quality. We stand behind our quality, and products bearing the Mountain Designs label carry a warranty against material and production defaults. This warranty applies to the original purchaser for the reasonable life of the product (a high use item will have a shorter lifespan than a limited use item, as will a poorly taken care of item). We reserve the right to repair or replace the product, dependent on the nature of the fault. For all outside brands, it may be reasonable to return the product to the manufacturer to establish cause of the fault.
This warranty does not cover damage caused by:
- Accident, improper care and maintenance, modifications, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of materials.
Some common matters not covered under the Mountain Designs Warranty & Repairs Policy include:
- Adhesives/Glues – Adhesives will naturally dry and break down over time. The longevity of your product will be reduced through heavy use and lack of aftercare, as well as lack of use and long periods of storage.
- Wear and Tear – Anything that is reaching or has reached the end of its natural life, e.g. zippers.
- Accidental Damage – By you or someone else (e.g. baggage handlers), including rips, cuts, scuffs, tears, abrasions, odours and stains.
- Poor Aftercare – Your product should be cleaned and maintained to prolong the natural life, e.g. boots need to be cleaned and conditioned after use.
- Leaking Waterproofs – Waterproofs that have reached the end of their serviceable life.
- Improper Use or Modifications – Damages caused by misuse or alteration of the product.
- Second-Hand Items – Second-hand items purchased through second-hand reseller websites, e.g. Ebay/Gumtree.
To process your warranty claim, please return your products for assessment to the Mountain Designs Online Store:
Mountain Designs Online Store
Auburn Power Centre,
92 Parramatta Road
Lidcombe, NSW 2141
*You will be responsible for all return costs associated with returning your item.
GORE-TEX® garments are covered by the GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® promise. If you are experiencing issues with your GORE-TEX® product, please ensure you have followed the following instructions:
- Washing – Wash the garment on a cold/warm cycle with a small amount of liquid. DO NOT use powder products and/or products containing fabric softeners, conditioners (e.g. wool wash), stain removers or bleach.
- Line dry or tumble dry (preferred) your garment on a warm, gentle cycle. Once dry, further tumble dry your garment for 20 minutes to reactivate the durable water repellent (DWR) treatment on the outer fabric.
- If unable to tumble dry, iron the garment on a warm setting (no steam) with a towel or cloth between the garment and the iron. This will help reactivate the DWR.
- Test your jacket by spraying a small amount of water on the jacket. If the jacket does not bead up and the water roll off, you may need to retreat the outer with a DWR treatment (we recommend Grangers Repel treatment).
- If you are still having issues with your GORE-TEX® product, please contact us and we will send it to the local GORE-TEX® testing centre for assessment.