Returns & Exchanges
Returns & Exchanges Policy
All Mountain Designs products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, provided the claim is compliant with the Mountain Designs Warranty & Repairs Policy and Returns & Exchanges Policy. If you have purchased an item from Mountain Designs and it is not of acceptable quality or does not match the description you can return it to us. Upon assessment, Mountain Designs will offer a full refund, repair or replacement on most items whether purchased online. You must provide us with your Mountain Designs receipt, online Tax Invoice or proof of purchase via Credit Card or Bank Statements. Any refund will be provided via the same method of payment as the original purchase.
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Mountain Designs will offer you a refund provided that:
- You return the item within 28 days of purchase;
- You produce your original Mountain Designs receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase when returning the item;
- The item has not been used or damaged in any way including that:
- It is in its original packaging, including instruction manuals and all accessories; and
- It is unworn, unopened, unused and in its original condition; and
- The product is not one on which a change of mind return is not available (see Change of Mind Policy).
Please note that exchanges are not possible at this time. Items can be returned for a full refund provided the claim is compliant with the Mountain Designs Warranty & Repairs Policy and Returns & Exchanges Policy.
Warranty & Repairs Policy
For more information on warranties and repairs, please see the Mountain Designs Warranties & Repairs Policy.
Any rights you have under this policy in relation to your Mountain Designs product are additional to any rights you may have under Consumer Laws.
All Change of Mind refunds are issued at the discretion of Mountain Designs. We reserve the right to refuse a refund for a Change of Mind request if it does not comply with these conditions.
Mountain Designs will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the Change of Mind Policy under any circumstance:
- All personal protective equipment used for climbing, including:
- Ropes and cords;
- Carabiners and connectors; and
- Hardware for life support such as ascenders, fall arrestors and descenders;
- Thermal and underwear products (items that have been designed to be worn next to the skin); or
- Gift cards.
Returns for any purchases may be done by returning the goods (as per conditions outlined in the Returns & Exchanges Policy) by mailing the goods to:
Mountain Designs Online Store
Auburn Power Centre,
92 Parramatta Road
Lidcombe, NSW 2141
Mountain Designs is not responsible for postage costs associated with returned goods, except in cases where the items have been recalled.
In order to protect your return from damage during delivery, please ensure strong external packaging is used. For all change of mind returns, the returnee will be responsible for the postage costs. We recommend that you obtain proof of postage to track your return, as Mountain Designs cannot accept responsibility for items lost in transit during the delivery process. Please contact your delivery provider to locate your parcel.
Once returns are received by our warehouse, your refund may take 2-3 business days to process.
Please email the Customer Service team directly for all enquiries relating to online purchase returns.