Eastman Tritan™ copolyester is a tough, BPA-free plastic used to make various everyday products. Products made from Tritan™ are impact and shatter resistant, plus they stay clear, stain-free and durable even after years of repeated use and dishwasher cycles. Learn more about Tritan™ here or download the following Tritan™ Fact Sheets: Tritan™ & Sustainability; Tritan™ vs Other Competitive Resins; Tritan™ Copolyester Fact Sheet.
- Crystal Clarity – high light transmittance, low haze, and good gloss
- Durability – shatter resistance and impact strength
- Chemical Resistance – compatible with popular cleaners, disinfectants, medicines, body oils, and lotions
- Functionality – dishwasher and microwave safe, heat resistant (compared to other polyesters), and provides better acoustical properties than other clear materials
- Safety Profile – made without certain chemicals of concern, including bisphenol A (BPA), BPS, ortho-phthalate plasticizers, and halogens
- Sustainability – creates longer-lasting items with less breakage, waste, and energy loss during processing and shipping
- Processability – processes similar to polycarbonate (PC) but without the need for a separate annealing step to relieve molded-in stress, and well suited for a variety of secondary operations and in-mold decoration