Product Care Instructions - Snow Apparel
Your snow apparel is designed to handle the rugged nature of skiing, snowboarding and other snow adventures. Regular care will help to maintain its high performance. Mountain Designs recommends the following care instructions:
Cleaning Your Snow Apparel
- Before washing, ensure that all zips, flaps and tabs are closed. Also check that there is nothing in the pockets, such as goggles or ski passes.
- Do not wash more than two (2) snow garments at the same time and do not wash snow outerwear with other items.
- Machine wash your snow apparel with cold water at 30°C, using a mild soap or detergent. Do not use bleach, fabric softener, conditioners or stain removers as they can affect the garment's performance.
- Rinse well.
- The snow apparel will be heavy when wet so take care handling it. Line dry your garment in the shade, and then after half an hour, turn the garment inside out to help speed up the drying process. Alternatively, some snow apparel can be tumble dried on low heat. Check the garment's individual care instructions (on the garment itself) to determine the appropriate drying process.
- Iron the dry garment on cool setting (no steam) by placing a towel or cloth between the garment and the iron.
- Do not dry clean your snow apparel.
Activating DWR on Your Snow Apparel
- Upon purchase, the garment's DWR may be 'flat' due to shipment and storage. A quick iron or tumble dry before first wear will ensure optimal performance.
Restoring DWR on Your Snow Apparel
- Every 12 months, you may consider restoring the DWR finish on the outer fabric of your snow apparel. The best way to tell if it needs re-proofing is to spray some water on the outer fabric - if it beads up and rolls away it is ok, if it appears to soak into the fabric then it is not ok.
- Apply a DWR treatment as per the instructions of the care product supplier.
General Tips & Notes
- If in doubt, check the care label on the inside of your snow apparel and follow the care instructions provided.