Product Care Instructions - Sleeping Mat Repair Kit
The outdoors gets pretty wild and occasionally you're going to catch a snag with your gear. For your sleeping mat or pillow, this may be in the form of a puncture, so unless you want an uncomfortable night's sleep, it's best to understand how to use your repair kit correctly. Mountain Designs recommends the following instructions:
Repairing Small Punctures
- Locate the pinhole puncture by inflating the sleeping mat as firmly as possible.
- Immerse the sleeping mat in water, looking for small air bubbles. These escaping air bubbles will indicate the location of the hole.
- Dry and deflate the sleeping mat.
- Apply a drop of sealant onto the hole and work the adhesive into the puncture. Allow the adhesive to dry for at least 30 minutes before using the sleeping mat.
Repairing Large Punctures
- Clean and dry the area around the puncture.
- Spread adhesive sparingly around the puncture in a circular pattern.
- Trim the spare patch to a shape that would cover approximately 2.5cm/1 inch beyond the damaged area and round the corners.
- Remove the paper backing from the spare patch and lightly coat the underside with adhesive. Avoid touching the glued surface.
- After solvent has evaporated and both the patch and puncture area are dry to the touch (approximately 3 minutes), centre the patch over the puncture and apply to the damaged area.
- Press down gently on the patch, smoothing the area to clear out air bubbles and wrinkles.
- Allow at least 10 minutes before inflating the sleeping mat and using it.
- Repairs can be made even in damp conditions. In these conditions, allow at least 30 minutes for the adhesive to cure.
- In freezing temperatures, warm the adhesive tube with body heat to make it applicable.
- Follow the recommended repair instructions, before allowing at least 30 minutes for the adhesive to cure.
General Tips & Notes
- Contains petroleum distillate.
- Do not expose the adhesive to heat, sparks or open flames.
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Avoid prolonged breathing of vapour.
- Avoid eye contact.
- Avoid prolonged or repeated skin contact.
- Suggested first aid: For eye contact, immediately flush with water for at least 10 minutes then seek medical assistance; If swallowed, do not induce vomiting and seek medical assistance immediately.
- Keep container closed when not in use.
- Keep out of reach of children.