|Your browser is not supported.|
Please browse our site using any of the following options:
Product Care Instructions - Hiking Poles
Regular care and maintenance helps to maximise the performance and ongoing use of your hiking poles. Mountain Designs recommends the following care instructions:
Cleaning Your Hiking Poles
- Disassemble the hiking pole into its various parts.
- Wash each part with a mild soap or detergent (preferably biodegradable) and water.
- Rinse each part well, wipe them with a towel, and then let them air dry before reassembling and storing.
- This is recommended once every 12 months. For simple and easy cleaning in between, simply extend the hiking poles, wipe them down with a damp cloth, and then let them air dry before packing them down and storing.
Re-Footing Your Hiking Poles
- Substantial, ongoing use of your hiking poles will eventually lead to wearing down of the rubber feet or carbide tips.
- Rubber Feet: Simply remove the old rubber feet and replace them with new rubber feet.
- Carbide Tips: Using a spanner, unscrew the carbide tip. Replace it with a new carbide tip and screw it firmly into place with the spanner.
Storing Your Hiking Poles
- Store your hiking poles in a cool, dry place. Ensure they are completely dry before you store them.
General Tips & Notes
- Hiking poles are designed for use as a walking aid. Do not use them for any other purpose.
- Avoid lateral impact or excessive force on the hiking poles. This can damage the integrity of the design and affect their performance.