Product Care Instructions - Down Jackets
Your down jacket is an excellent insulating garment that will keep you warm, winter after winter, if you look after it properly. Mountain Designs recommends the following care instructions:
Cleaning Your Down Jacket
- Before washing, remove any fur trims (only required on select styles).
- Machine wash your down jacket with warm water at 40°C on gentle cycle, using pure soap only. Do not use bleach, fabric softener, conditioners or stain removers as they can affect the garment's performance. Avoid a top loading machine with agitator as its washing process is too rough on the jacket.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- The jacket will be heavy when wet so take care handling it. Tumble dry the jacket on low heat. Alternatively, dry it flat. Avoid wringing the jacket to remove excess water but if you need to, lightly squeeze it out.
- Do not dry clean or iron your down jacket.
Restoring Loft in Your Down Jacket
- For down jackets, loft can be restored by tumble drying the jacket on low or no heat with three tennis balls. The tennis balls will help to break up the down clumps and fluff up the down clusters. Shaking the jacket will also help to restore the loft.
Storing Your Down Jacket
- Store your down jacket uncompressed and hanging up. This helps to keep the insulation spread evenly, and maintain its loft.
General Tips & Notes
- If in doubt, check the care label on the inside of your down apparel and follow the care instructions provided.