Product Care Instructions - Rainwear
Your down jacket is an excellent insulating garment that will keep you warm, winter after winter, if you look after it properly. Mountain Designs recommends the following care instructions:
Cleaning Your Rainwear
- Before washing, ensure that all zips, flaps and tabs are closed. Also check that there is nothing in the pockets.
- Machine wash your rainwear garment with warm water at 40 degrees celsius on gentle cycle, using a mild soap or detergent. Do not use bleach, fabric softener, conditioners or stain removers as they can affect the garment's performance.
- Rinse well.
- Tumble dry your rainwear on medium heat. Alternatively, dry it flat.
- Do not dry clean or iron your rainwear.
Activating DWR on Your Snow Apparel
- Upon purchase, the garment's DWR may be 'flat' due to shipment and storage. A quick iron or tumble dry before first wear will ensure optimal performance.
Restoring DWR on Your Rainwear
- Every 12 months, you may consider restoring the DWR finish on the outer fabric of your rainwear. The best way to tell if it needs re-proofing is to spray some water on the outer fabric - if it beads up and rolls away it is ok, if it appears to soak into the fabric that it is not ok.
- Apply a DWR treatment as per the instructions of the care product supplier.
General Tips & Notes
- If in doubt, check the care label on the inside of your rainwear and follow the care instructions provided.